Hi! It has been very busy since the last post with doctor's appointments, tests, treatments, etc. I am still doing plant sales (almost done for this year) and gardening. I am also working about 12 hours a week at ACE Hardware.
I'm sorry that I didn't update you with the MRI and PET results earlier, but here they are. The MRI scan of my brain showed that it is clear of cancer, which is a blessing. The PET scan showed that there is melanoma cancer in my lymph nodes, plus a new larger tumor in my lung. The following week they did a CT guided needle biopsy of the new lung tumor. It was found to be non-small cell lung cancer, like the diagnosis in 2011.
They did a 3 week regimen of radiation to the lymph nodes under my right arm. Now, they are doing chemotherapy targeted at the lung cancer and I continue to use the gene-targeted medication Tarceva. The chemotherapy has been every 3 weeks. I can now do it at Fulton County Health Center, which is a blessing since it is 5 minutes from home. The infusion takes most of the day. The next couple of days I don't feel too miserable, but the following week or more is downhill. I've had problems with them accidentally infusing the chemo in my veins, so this Saturday they are planning to put in a port (this is a outpatient surgical procedure).
I have also started Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy at Sara's Garden. It enhances radiation and chemotherapy, and it is helping me to feel better. Additionally, the oxygen helps to kill cancer cells. For more information you can read about me at http://SarasGarden.org/VernonRupp.
I would appreciate it if you would pass this website on to other friends and relatives. Thanks! Please pray for God's healing.
Wednesday, July 17, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment